Wildwood Bayou 2016

Wildwood Bayou 2016

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Westward Ho! (almost)



    As we near our departure date from our New Jersey summer home, I took the opportunity to zip over to Gaithersburg, MD to visit with my Aunt & Uncle, Cousins, and their kids. Many of the kids, Barb and I were meeting for the very first time! We spent two days visiting and trying to catch up on 10+ years of happenings (since the last time I saw any of them). It was great seeing all of them again but the time passed all too swiftly. Maybe now that I’m more “mobile”, it won’t be nearly as long between visits. 


    My cousins Mike and Charles flank myself and my Uncle, Jay. 


    My cousin Julie with her husband Andy.


    Here cousin Harriet gets her husband Dennis to “smile for the camera”.


    Aunt Harriet and Uncle Jay taking a short moment to relax from the bedlam. 
    We trooped home by way of Annapolis and the Bay Bridge. Hoping to get a great view, we were a bit disappointed by the fog that shrouded the bridge as we crossed. Oh well, maybe another time. 


    We then drove across Maryland and Delaware to the town of Lewes. Here we boarded the ferry to Cape May, NJ. This ferry runs several times daily and takes about 80 minutes one way. 


    You can see our Jeep neatly tucked into its spot for the crossing. 


    The ferry could even accommodate the big RVs!
    It was a beautiful day for a crossing and the trip was very relaxing and enjoyable. Sure beats driving I-95 in Baltimore and Philadelphia!!!
    Now we have two days of working and in between we have to get the motorhome packed up to continue our journeys. Wednesday we leave and head to the largest RV show in the country in Hershey, PA. (aw darn, have to go to Hershey again and buy more chocolate....). It’s amazing how spread out we’ve become in our little campsite and how much there is to do to get ready to go. It is going to be a hectic three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment